The Savanna Historical Society, NFP is constructing the Savanna Museum and Cultural Center by renovating the building since 2008. More than 50 volunteers have contributed over 8,000 volunteer hours. In 2010, the Society received the Illinois Governor’s Hometown Award in recognition.
- Facade completion is planned.
- iFiber brings fiber optic cable to Museum for extremely high speed (1G) broadband, Spring, 2013.
- Geo HVAC units installed on 2nd floor & South 1st floor.
- Hi-performance low e windows installed in 2nd & 3rd floor façade.
- Work continues on Railroad model.
Energy Efficiency Grant $93,624
USDA RD Loan Pre-application approved.
- 1st fl Community Room ready for events.
- Installed 3 EE hot water heaters integrated with Geo system.
- Installed LED track & ornamental lighting North 1st and 2nd floors.
- Installed North 3rd floor Geo unit.
- Installed millwork North 1st floor and balcony.
- Interior ADA ramp installed at main entry.
- Fire alarm system installed.
- Exit/Emergency lights installed on all North floors and basement.
- Old storefront and entrance removed.
- High performance low e glass entry doors and storefront windows installed.
Governor’s Hometown Award for Community Support & Volunteerism
- Antiquated electric service was removed.
- A 400 Amp 3 Phase electric distribution system installed.
- Electric subpanels were installed North 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors.
- Geo HVAC system installed and 1st floor unit operational.
- Removed 24T of roofing material, repaired parapet, and installed 1-piece membrane roof system.
- Refinished original maple floors on North 3rd floor.
- Restrooms installed on 1st floor.
DCEO Tourism Attraction
Development Grant $154,673
AIEC Geo Incentive $ 44,000
- North half of floors 1, 2 & 3 were framed, insulated, sheet-rocked, and painted.
- Rough-in electrical done for sound, lighting, fire alarm system, devices.
- Plumbing installed.
- Work starts on railroad model.
- Original 100 year old maple floors were cleaned & reinstalled on 1st floor.
- Easement was donated for geo well field.
- Twelve 300’ geothermal wells were drilled and brought in through basement wall.
Retired Skilled Tradesmen volunteer full time with help from many volunteers.
Community fundraising nets $125,000
- Demolition of 1st floor walls, floors, and ceiling to prepare for structural repairs.
- Limestone foundation jackhammered to connect front & rear basements.
- Removed 1M btu boiler.
- Structural repairs and elevator footings poured.
- Floor system replaced -1st Floor North
Building Purchased September